Network Emulation provides the capability of creating a test environment that provides a precise, predictable and repeatable network (either Ethernet or Fiber Channel), against which production equipment, software revisions, and developmental network elements can be tested. Real World Networks are emulated in a controlled test environment.
Giganet Systems manufactures a series of emulators designed for 1,10, and 40 Gigabit Ethernet, as well as 2,4, 8, and 16 Gig Fiber Channel. These are full hardware-implemented designs, with unmatched precision. Performance exceeds software-based designs in every instance. Full, incremental control over impairments such as jitter, packet loss, and delay. The emulators also provide the ability to inject errors discreetly into precise points anywhere in the frame.
VirtualNet XG 10G Ethernet Network Emulator
VirtualNet XG is a high-performance 10G Ethernet network emulator (also known as a WAN Emulator or Cloud Emulator) that replicates the real-world Ethernet network so that you can thoroughly test your products, applications, and services, in the controlled environment of your lab.
No longer do you have to test in the “vacuum” that is commonplace in many test environments that only results in providing best-case performance numbers. Now you have the ability to replicate any number of specific network conditions that you expect your solution to face. Control, on the fly, network impairments such as delay, drop, re-order, corruption and many, many others to truly validate that your product or service will perform as expected when deployed.
Most importantly, the VirtualNet XG network emulator delivers full line-rate performance for 10G Ethernet traffic not only at all frame sizes but also regardless of the impairment settings applied by the user. This ensures that no other variable has been introduced into your testing and your results are precise.
With an intuitive and easy to use GUI interface and a very powerful TCL based CLI to aid in configuration and testing, the VirtualNet XG Ethernet network emulator delivers the industry’s greatest performance and precision to ensure that your tests, and your results, are repeatable and reliable.
- Save Money. Find problems before the product is deployed.
- Save Time. Precision, performance and repeatability enables faster time-to-market and quicker troubleshooting.
- Save Effort. Minimize the post-deployment troubleshooting.
- Grow Your Business. Improve customer satisfaction AND loyalty by releasing a robust and trouble-free product.
- Unmatched Performance and Precision
- Full line-rate regardless of the incoming frame sizes, number of impairments, or the specified parameters for impairments
- Complete suite of WAN / IP network impairments
- Delay / Delay Jitter
- Physical Layer Errors
- Corruption / Modification with Checksum Correction
- QoS / Bandwidth Controls
- Physical Layer Errors
- Frame Drop
- Reorder / Duplication
- Targeted Impairments (including burst and duration)
- Target a specific frame using protocol and field drop downs
- FCoE Support
- Target FCoE frames for all impairments by matching on FC header fields and data within FCoE frames. When FCoE frames are Modified or Corrupted, users can optionally fix FC checksum along with the Ethernet checksum
- Protocol Stack Parsing
- Parses various protocol stacks and also identifies key fields in each protocol layer
- Create a custom protocol
- Use one of the included protocols such as VLAN, MPLS, IPV4, IPV6, TCP, UCP
- True Single Chassis Multi-User Support AND Simultaneous 1G / 10G Operation
Eight (8) 1G ports, or
Four (4) 1G ports + two (2) 10G ports
- Dynamic impairments
- Switch from one set of conditions to another on a single frame boundary without creating random/unintended intermediate network conditions
- Ease of Use: VirtualNet GE 10/100/1G Ethernet network emulator has an intuitive and easy to use GUI interface as well as a very powerful TCL based CLI